View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #71
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: A New Director After Nolan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesCameronOnl View Post
I think Noan can squeeze Freeze and Clayface after major remodeling of the characters. Hey, I couldnt think of how can he adjust Joker into our world yet with a big makeover he did. If he got Joker in, he can bring anybody in. Dont forget he already adjusted an immortal warlock and a white skinned clown. He can fit anybody in
But those changes included making the immortal warlock mortal. And making the white skinned clown....not white skinned.

But all of the principle aspects of the characters remained.

How would Clayface work? Clayface is inherently a fantasy based character. Based on his motivations and his actions.

Same for Man-Bat. He changed Ra's from immortal to mortal. But how could be alter someone like Man-Bat? By taking away his bat powers and transformation? Herein lies the difference. The unrealistic aspects of Ra's and Joker can easily be taken away and the core of the characters remain. This is not the case with Clayface or Man-Bat. However I do agree Freeze could be altered and fit nicely. But Nolan has already nixed the idea.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote