View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #66
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
These are the same criticisms parroted around here and I think they are ridiculous, no offense. The movie might not be as critically acclaimed as IM1, but it's hardly a noticeable difference in quality. The Avengers subplot is still being overblown on here. It was barely there and the scenes that it did involve didn't ruin anything in the plot. The NF/BW helping Tony scene criticism is also getting pretty old. This same thing happened in Batman Begins and few people had a problem with that. I suppose getting a cure-all from Morgan Freeman is somehow better than SLJ.

Also, why the blame for Marvel for these scenes? I am tired of everybody blaming Marvel for EVERYTHING. They have done a great job handling all these characters and this universe. If there is any blame to go around, it is to the directors and writers. Justin Theroux was brought on at the request of RDJ wasn't he?
Well we can agree to disagree, but the whole middle of the film bogs down my experience to the point that I can't get through it. I can't comment on what everybody else is saying or what have you, but IMO, trying to compare that to Fox helping Wayne isn't even the same scenario.

The comedic moments mostly fell flat, the action was even more nonexistent than the first film, and the inclusion of Fury & Widow could have been easily done without, but hey that's just me. I will tell you one thing though, this Avengers movie better blow the socks off everything & everybody, or else all this other crap was for nothing

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote