View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #85
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
It was slow, no dobut, but hardly as bad as many make it out to be. The only scene that really was boring in that movie was the one with Stark/Pepper on the airplane. The slow parts of the movie might not have had action but they were funny, entertaining scenes in my opinion.

The Lucious Fox scene was exactly the same thing. Batman goes down and is rescued, cured by a magical forumla. No different than Stark getting cured. Then again, this was explained as a temporary solution and he did heal himself by discovering the new element.

I thought that this movie was hilarious, so I am not understanding the parts that fell flat. The action was limited in some ways (length of Whiplash/IM fight) but all in all, it was entertaining and well done. The IM/WM fight v drones was excellent in my opinion.
I don't know, to me, when Fury shows up, the whole tone of the movie changes, which doesn't happen with Lucius Fox.

Lord knows I love SLJ, and in his small part at the end of IM1, it was tonally perfect, but here he comes in and he's all "Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the Donut." Then he comes full throttle "Wait! You just let little man come in, kick ya ass, take ya suit, your Iron Man ain't cha?" Lol, it was just over the top, hammy SLJ and the whole film just got weird from there, to me. I know its meant to be funny, but it was just corny. IM1 was funny minus the cheese. The whole "new element" situation was hokey, overlong, and boring as well. The fight scenes are almost nonexistent. What's there is cool, but everything is 3 seconds long, except when he's getting chased. And I could go on and on.

We just have differing opinions, which neither of us need to defend, but my point is that the worse parts of IM2 are directly the result of a subplot that IMO wasn't needed, and Marvel is to blame for that because it's their idea. There's no question in my mind that without it, IM2 would have been better, no matter how good you think it might be already. The bottomline is they had better deliver with The Avengers or none of these subplots would have been worth it anyway

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote