View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #86
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I don't know, to me, when Fury shows up, the whole tone of the movie changes, which doesn't happen with Lucius Fox.

Lord knows I love SLJ, and in his small part at the end of IM1, it was tonally perfect, but here he comes in and he's all "Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the Donut." Then he comes full throttle "Wait! You just let little man come in, kick ya ass, take ya suit, your Iron Man ain't cha?" Lol, it was just over the top, hammy SLJ and the whole film just got weird from there, to me. I know its meant to be funny, but it was just corny. IM1 was funny minus the cheese. The whole "new element" situation was hokey, overlong, and boring as well. The fight scenes are almost nonexistent. What's there is cool, but everything is 3 seconds long, except when he's getting chased. And I could go on and on.

We just have differing opinions, which neither of us need to defend, but my point is that the worse parts of IM2 are directly the result of a subplot that IMO wasn't needed, and Marvel is to blame for that because it's their idea. There's no question in my mind that without it, IM2 would have been better, no matter how good you think it might be already. The bottomline is they had better deliver with The Avengers or none of these subplots would have been worth it anyway
Completely disagree on that, so we are just going to have to agree to disagree. Thought SLJ was great in this movie and the element scene was among the best in a superhero movie.

But, I will say that you can't blame Marvel for everything here. The Avengers subplot really didn't affect the plot. Fury in the middle and at the end, as an add-on to the conclusion.

The question is, do you people want a Marvel Universe in movies or for them to be seperate? All this "too much Avengers" backlash is unfounded and taken too far in my opinon. The slightest scenes mentioning it are declared commercials for this movie and thats wrong in my eyes.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote