View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #88
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Completely disagree on that, so we are just going to have to agree to disagree. Thought SLJ was great in this movie and the element scene was among the best in a superhero movie.

But, I will say that you can't blame Marvel for everything here. The Avengers subplot really didn't affect the plot. Fury in the middle and at the end, as an add-on to the conclusion.

The question is, do you people want a Marvel Universe in movies or for them to be seperate? All this "too much Avengers" backlash is unfounded and taken too far in my opinon. The slightest scenes mentioning it are declared commercials for this movie and thats wrong in my eyes.
The Thor scene at the end was fine, just like the Stark scene at the end of TIH. But to go further than that, and actually wrap your plot around Nick Fury in order to tie-in wasn't necessary. How was his inclusion important to the film as a whole? Because of the Element? You said yourself Stark figured that out on his own, they could have omitted Fury completely. And what was Widow's use? T&A shots to be sure, but other than that, what was she really needed for? Honestly?

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote