View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #128
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Where are you basing this all off of? You people all speak as if you know the full story and are going off conflicting reports/rumors. Studio interference? This isn't an art house movie, it's the cornerstone of an entire studio. He isn't Spielberg or James Cameron where he is entitled to carte blanche. And thats assuming that he even wanted that. His move to directing this Magic Kingdom movie surely doesn't speak much for him wanting independence from the studios. Do you think he will get the kind of freedoms he had for Iron Man 2 directing a movie about Disney World?! This is a tourism ad with a plot in the eyes of Disney for their most precious symbol aside from Mickey Mouse.
Because where there's smoke there's fire. There can't be this big of a coincidence, there's been multiple stories coming out of either studio interference to the point that the whole movie changes or reluctance to pay talent.

-Mickey Rourke was low-balled for IM2 and I believe he only took the part because he wanted to work with RDJ for many years, and finally had the opportunity to do so.

-Ed Norton/Louis Leterrier both had issues with Marvel insisting on cutting out parts of the script. I understand Marvel being a bit nervous with the movie being too slow again, but nothing I saw on the bonus scenes would have extended the movie that much further

-Terrence Howard was reportedly low-balled as well, and while some may think Cheadle is a better actor (which I do too) in this type of film, your acting pedigree isn't as important as your chemistry with the central character, and Howard had a heck of a lot more chemistry with RDJ.

-Now that I think of it, Samuel L. Jackson was low-balled too, at least initially, and for somebody that's supposed to be the thread that ties all this together, you would think Marvel wouldn't have played games with him for as long as they did

-And now this. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe Favreau just wanted to do his own thing, but at the same time, just look how enthusiastic he was about the whole universe at first. He wanted to executive produce Avengers for Pete's sake, you don't jump at that sort of opportunity if your not fully invested. Now all of a sudden, after IM2, where once again we hear reports of discontent with the director and principal actor over changes being made, mysteriously, he wants nothing to do with the franchise again?

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-14-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote