View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #138
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
What do you expect them to do? Highball these actors and directors? When you go to buy a car, do you buy the listed price right away? In the same way, should a film studio pay whatever is asked? You all forget that this is a business. They may have lowballed actors, but you don't know what the situation was in regards to the money. How do you know that SLJ didn't want big money for small roles like he had in IM2? How do you know that Norton didn't want huge money for a role that would most likely be 75% CGI? There are reports that he was and is a diva, yet nobody cares about that side of the story. Then you have Terrence Howard, who wanted a huge paycheck and be paid more/same as RDJ!

You bring up smoke and fire. But Marvel brought on Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Tommy Lee Jones, William Hurt, Tim Roth, Hugo Weaving, Stellan Skarsgard, Stanley Tucci, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, etc. to their movies. These are some of the best actors in the business are they not? Marvel apparently can bring these actors to their stable, yet it is being said that they are cheap. It doesn't add up does it? Even the lesser characters in Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America are highly regarded actors and somewhat well known. A cheap studio would hire nobodies from the CW and cheap young actors like Fox is doing with that awful X-Men movie. If Marvel was as cheap as many of you claim, Cheadle would not be War Machine. The guy from the Old Spice ads would be. The movies would look like cheap crap with poor special effects (cough Wolverine cough), but instead all of their movies have been high quality in this department.
That's the issue, what's the sense of bringing in all this talent if you refuse to pay for it after they give you successful movies? What good is it if Cheadle, Hopkins or Renner walk after 1 movie because they aren't getting paid? Or so many changes are made to the movie, nobody feels comfortable with it anymore? Keep doing that a few more times and who's going to be left to work with? No actor or director worth anything is going to sit there and let the studio mismanage the project, or worse, refuse to pay them what their worth? Would you take a pay cut for no reason?

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

"
White people give him the same compliments: 'He speaks so well! 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some **** you say about retarded people that can talk."
-
Chris Rock
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote