View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #145
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Because where there's smoke there's fire. There can't be this big of a coincidence, there's been multiple stories coming out of either studio interference to the point that the whole movie changes or reluctance to pay talent.

-Mickey Rourke was low-balled for IM2 and I believe he only took the part because he wanted to work with RDJ for many years, and finally had the opportunity to do so.

-Ed Norton/Louis Leterrier both had issues with Marvel insisting on cutting out parts of the script. I understand Marvel being a bit nervous with the movie being too slow again, but nothing I saw on the bonus scenes would have extended the movie that much further

-Terrence Howard was reportedly low-balled as well, and while some may think Cheadle is a better actor (which I do too) in this type of film, your acting pedigree isn't as important as your chemistry with the central character, and Howard had a heck of a lot more chemistry with RDJ.

-Now that I think of it, Samuel L. Jackson was low-balled too, at least initially, and for somebody that's supposed to be the thread that ties all this together, you would think Marvel wouldn't have played games with him for as long as they did

-And now this. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe Favreau just wanted to do his own thing, but at the same time, just look how enthusiastic he was about the whole universe at first. He wanted to executive produce Avengers for Pete's sake, you don't jump at that sort of opportunity if your not fully invested. Now all of a sudden, after IM2, where once again we hear reports of discontent with the director and principal actor over changes being made, mysteriously, he wants nothing to do with the franchise again?
Terrance Howard was never lowballed by the current people in charge. Before Favreau, Downey and the rest were hired, Avi Arad hired him and gave him X amount of money. That amount turned out to be more than RDJ himself.

He didn't deserve a raise or to keep making more than RDJ, no way in hell. So him leaving was more Arad's fault.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote