View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #66
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

Default Re: Scores To Marvel Films: Which do you like the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Yet you found Djwadi's IM score memorable. LOL. I guess you would since IM's score was basically the same stuff the MV/RC composers cook up in every blockbuster movie since the mid 90s. Oh well. To each his own. I guess. I just find it pathetic that the IM scores aren't really anything but noise and doesn't really capture the character the way it should. To me it's just generic action music that we've heard over and over again with nothing groundbreaking. Hopefully these future Marvel (as well as DC's GL) movies will have groundbreaking music, but I know that's asking for too much. Therefore, won't happen especially the way the film scoring business is today. Pity.

To me, that's the Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, FF, Blade and Hulk movie scores in a nutshell. Noise. Nothing memorable whatsoever in fact I'd be hard pressed to identify them if I just happened to hear them in passing. Now the IM score, perhaps I can recognize it better simply because I've seen that movie more times than all other superhero movies in history combined(and I've seen just about all of them). But the Punisher score still beats it for me, as do the Elfman Batman and Williams Superman scores even though I've seen those movies far less than Iron Man 1. But this is marvel scores so I didn't rank them and that's why I picked Punisher'04's score as the best.

Last edited by kedrell; 12-18-2010 at 09:47 AM.
kedrell is online now   Reply With Quote