View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #364
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

back with my mind back intact yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Sayonara! You can face palm all you want, adding Fury to the whole palladium subplot could have been Favreau's way of trying to make him relevant to the movie beyond Marvel's Avengers agenda. And it still didn't really work.
Alright, you can make that argument if you want, but that wasn't the argument you were making when I responded- you were suggesting that the entire subplot was added so Fury and Widow had a role, which was just beyond ridiculous to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
They're trying to make a shared universe with one movie building on another. It's actually exactly what the fans wanted so I'm not surprised the fans are complaining about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Not necessarily what the other 90% of cinema goers want or even care about, that's the issue.
There's no issue there, I know people who don't know jack about the MCU and they weren't jarred or confused at all. I know someone who said her friends were telling her Coulson would become Captain America because he picked up the shield. She didn't like the movie, but it didn't have to do with The Avengers. The only people I've heard complain about it are the fans, while the GA is into it. How backwards is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
I think most people have this set view how people should deal with death and sadness. The problem is that this Tony Stark character that Robert Downey Jr. created is different than say, Batman or Spiderman. Instead of pouting ontop of the Chrysler Building or sulking in a penthouse, he seculdes himself in a giant donut. The scenes of him deciding to drive the Formula 1 car, throwing an outrageous party, being a drunk fool, looking like he was going to die when talking to Rhodey in his basement, his reaction to Vanko mentioning the palladium, tearing up his house, handing his company over, and lamenting to Pepper were enough proof that he was concerned about death. The whole Stark Expo and the themes of his family legacy also played into this. Perhaps I am reading too deep into a summer blockbuster movie, but the proof is there. Many people didn't care for the comedy regarding all this, but this is one of the things that set this franchise apart from others. There was no melodrama and I personally liked that. Then again, there were some scenes like this in the first movie which everybody loved.
Yes. I love that Stark isn't like the other heroes in that he doesn't just stand around brooding and actually handles it with humor and being overly ostentatious. Shows how messed up he really is, and reminds me of the way in reality some depressed people become comedians or attention-seekers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Some of the posts here make me sick and want to vomit:

1. After Iron Man and **** even BEFORE Iron Man we all had the expectation of War Machine being brought in later. The ****ing first movie basically blatantly points and says HEY HERE YOU GO! YOU WILL SEE WAR MACHINE IN THE NEXT MOVIE FOR SURE! Now some of the momentum was admittedly lost because Howard left the production, but I mean, don't go around saying War Machine should never have been in the movie. None of you guys were saying **** like that before the movie came out. So stop saying that **** now because it is ********!

2. The Avengers connection. THIS WAS IN IRON MAN! IT WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE! That's what got us excited about Iron Man, we KNEW they were building up to an Avengers movie. So that was an added bonus to the movie. It's irrational to get ticked off about it because all this is precedence for Iron Man's history. Avengers, Black Widow, War Machine is all a part of it. It makes sense to have references because you know this is one of the cooler aspects about it. Now I think they could've made the ending less awkward with the whole advisor/retainer, not right now thing. Since it sort of conflicts with where Tony Stark is at the end of Incredible Hulk.

3. Stop acting like Favreau is this defenceless little lamb that Marvel screwed over. I think it was time for Favreau to move on. He seems more interested in other projects now and I just don't think he's as creatively stimulated by Iron Man anymore. Sorry but its true. Favreau also publicly has NOT proven that he is the guy to helm Avengers. He EVEN said he's afraid of using material that isn't realistic or tech based. HE SAID ALL OF THAT! He didn't want to do Demon In A Bottle because it would be too much like Leaving Las Vegas. He didn't want Tony to sleep around with other women.

I think Favreau deserves all the credit in the world for getting the ball rolling and starting the franchise. But he just did not seem to have the ambition or desire to see it through to the end as like the captain at the wheel. And that's fine. Because Iron Man 2 did have its issues, so new vision and a fresh look is NOT going to hurt it.

That being said, I would like Favreau to return as Happy if he has time. Since he's not directing that would be a good way to give Happy more of something to do.
Haha, I love this post. I'd actually have to agree for the most part. Optimistic and truthful, in its own fuming way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
So I just watched Iron Man 2 for the second time.

All you people that are relieved Favreau is gone are crazy.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote