View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #47
bhayes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will this really be a better film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
See, the problem for me, concerning Wolverine's arc as a character in the films is that things were handled so poorly in X3 and Origins, (worse in Origins) I just don't care all that much.

In Origins, we needed to see Wolverine at his darkest. In the comics, Logan was not a nice man when he worked for the government. He killed a lot of people, and a part of him liked it. It set the groundwork for his struggle with the animal. And then all the intense physical and mental abuse he suffered during the Weapon X bonding process nearly drove all his humanity away from him.

Once you understand this, we can see why Wolverine has such a hard time with his animalistic nature. The problem with these films is that this issue was either
A.) Never addressed, as the first three X-men movies completely ignored it
B.) Handled extremely poorly, as in Origins.

This is why I have a hard time getting excited for this next Wolverine movie, or the X-men first class film. It's because these films are connected to a film universe I'm not a big fan of. I was okay with the first two X-men, but Origins and X3 put a bad taste in my mouth. Origins more then anything. The only real problems I had with X3 were Cyclops, "killing" professor X, and Wolverine apparently channeling Cyclops' ghost and turning into him.
i agree totally.

me personally i wish they had done first class and the wolverine in japan instead of but the poor quality orgins movie has forced them to do what they are doing now.

they saw that first class is a sort of vague sequel in the same fashion that superman returns is a vague sequel.

and wolverine is a reboot starting hugh jackman. so it will be a very realistic wolverine where only wolverine exists and not other mutants.

i actually cannot understand the dislike of x3. sure the tone is slightly different from that of x2 & x1. but it is not the horrible film that people make out to be.

Orgins should have motivated fox to just complete reboot with First Class (cyclops,storm, ice ma, angel and a human looking beast w/ professor x) and a New wolveine actor in his own spinoff.

but now they have decided to confuse is even further with continuity boo boos.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote