View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Default Re: Captain America vs Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
And didnt Batman and Captain America fight and both "won"... a tie I think it was
if you are referring to that ATROCIOUS Marvel VS DC crossover (led to that god-awful amalgam comics line) that happened a couple of years, back.... I wouldn't hold the outcomes of those fights as having any sort of veracity. Most of those were based on fan votes, I mean, they had superman-strength-class Lobo get taken out by Wolverine in a bar fight. And this was at a time when Logan did not have adamantium laced claws. Also, Spiderman took out Superboy, which boggled my mind, because I was under the assumption that Superboy was no slouch in the strength and power department. I also remember reading somewhere that DC would only agree to going ahead with the publishing of the series, if Superman and Batman won their respective bouts.

And Batman defeating superman is fine and dandy, but Kryptonite gloves and ring would just be odd fashion accessory in a fight against Cap.

I'm not hating on the Batman. Much respect to the Character. But in a best of 5 match, I see 3 of those going to Cap. Both characters routinely plan and prep to go up against and overcome enemies much more powerful than they are. Let's not forget that in WW2, MasterMan was large, invulnerable, flying man that Rogers had to deal with.

-Hercules, Captain America #444

Last edited by captainrogers; 01-12-2011 at 12:30 PM.
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote