View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #53
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: Will this really be a better film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I'm not the biggest X-fan in general, and Wolverine hasn't traditionally been a character I'm crazy about. I never even bothered to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and have no plans on seeing it any time soon. But I freaking can't wait for this movie.

Why? Because of Darren Aronofsky.

The way I see it, every one of his films is an event worth looking forward to, and this is no different. His involvement instantly puts this up there amongst my most anticipated superhero films. Between this, and Jason Aaron - one of the best writers in comics today - writing the monthly ongoing, I find myself grudgingly becoming a fan of Wolverine.
When I heard Darren was doing this I sat down for a few minutes and smiled like an idiot. This is the greatest news I had all year in 2010. I had a pretty terrible year (lost my job, wife left me) but this was a ray of light.

Origins shoulda been the definitive Wolverine movie. It shoulda been incredible. After I saw it, I thought the character was finished I really didn't see any way to repair the damage made.

Then Darren happened and I just couldn't believe it. We're in for what will perhaps be the next step of evolution in the comic book movie world. Darren can transcend Chris Nolan's Batman flicks. He's better than Nolan. He can actually make Wolverine into a character like Alex DeLarge. A character that can be respected by more than just comic fans.

I told all my friends long before Black Swan came out, just from seeing the trailer, that it was a guaranteed bet at Oscar nominations and such and here we are. It won't surprise me if Darren takes Logan to the Oscars too.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote