View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #117
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Scores To Marvel Films: Which do you like the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007 View Post
Well Sure I agree with this to an extent too, but I never said I actually like the X3 music more haha. Nor did AVE. I think its GREAT, but I still think X2s score is greater, more well rounded and emotional. Just because it reminds me of a fantastic movie is a bonus. X3 reminds me of a crap movie. so why would I want to think about a crap movie when I listen to its music?

Still... the score has everything to do with the movie attached to it. Its the reason the score is even made! It puts music to whats happening on screen and if it wasn't for whats on screen there wouldn't be a score in the first place to debate about. It wasn't made as a separate entity, or to be heard on its own. The movie has a tremendous amount to do with the enjoyment of the score. The score and movie count as one whole package, HORRIBLE music can absolutely put you off a fantastic movie and if you prefer a score to a better movie, rather than a crap movie, I wouldn't call it bias.

Now if i made the score or directed the movie myself.. then yea id probably be a little bias.

that being said haha, Im one of the few who actually liked Spider-Man 3, but I didnt like the score as much as Spidey 1. It was off putting. and I also liked Hook!
Yeah, exactly, I never once said I liked X3's score better than X2's, X2's is a better score hands down for me, X3's is good, but the fact its attached to a movie I hate doest help it, either way X3's wouldnt make my personal top 5.

Agreed on Spidey 3 as well, I liked the movie but thought the score wasnt as good as the first 2 movies.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote