View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #53
Paroxysm
Banned User

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Hugh Jackman explains that director Darren Aronfosky has asked him to bulk out so that he'll more closely resemble the comics Wolverine:

Quote:
"I don't know how much I want to give away about it, but Darren said with the last [film], 'Hey you looked great, but you're so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that's not Wolverine.' He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he's short and thick. So he said, 'I want you to go there, get bigger.' Yeah, he's thick and it's chunky and it's powerful. I always think of Mike Tyson when he first came on the scene. Sometimes, he was a full foot shorter than his opponents and bent over [with this] massive build. There's real power. [Like a] bulldog, and that's it exactly. Exactly. That's what I'm going for, and if I have a massive heart attack first, well, you tell everyone what I was going for."
Jackman is now about twenty pounds heavier for this film than he was in the previous movies, although apparently he's not looking into any sort of height-squashing technology that would get him down to the comic book Wolverine's 5'3" frame. And he says he's committed to his role.
http://io9.com/#!5750597/kristen-ste...aptain-america