View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
elgaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: My personal wish list

Quote:
Things I DON'T want:
Quote:
An origin story. We don't need to see Krypton explode ever again.
Disagree - slightly. I don't want to see a huge amount of screen time on origin, but we have to accept that there will likely be a new generation of viewers (younger ones) coming to this who may not be as familiar with the earlier films or Superman's origins as we are here on this fan forum. A short exposition won't hurt.

Quote:
ANY references whatsoever to the Donner films.
Quote:
NO Brando voice-overs, no Williams score, no 70's atmosphere, nothing.
Agree totally, this has to be a new film that stands on it's own two feet.

Quote:
Ditto on Returns.
Quote:
Let's forget we ever saw that kid or watched Supes go to the ER after lifting 800 million tons of kryptonite into space.
Agree again

Quote:
Kryptonite. We've seen it thousands of times. We know what it is, what it does. Let's find something else that can pose a threat to Supes, shall we?
I agree in principle, I'm sick of Kryptonite also. However we must remember that in the absence of a suitable villain, there's really nothing else on Earth which can pose any kind of threat to Superman bar Kryptonite. And there's a danger that having a main hero who can't be hurt removes any kind of tension from the film. The only way round that is to have a very complex bad guy who threatens to hurt those people around Superman (Lois, the Kents, etc) to get at him.

Quote:
A nerdy Clark Kent.
Quote:
There are other ways to distance him from Superman.
Agreed. S:TALC and Smallville have shown that 'normal' Clark works just fine, he doesn't need to be a bumbling nerd.

Quote:
Things I do want:
Lex Luthor. But the way we've known him over the last 30 years. As a corrupt, conniving CEO. A behind-the-scenes manipulator. Not the laughable parody of a supervillain we've seen in previous films.
Agree, it's time we saw LuthorCorp Lex.

Quote:
Lois knowing full well that Clark is Superman.
Quote:
And let them already be in a relationship. Why go backwards?
Personally I prefer the fun they can have with her not knowing.

Quote:
A real show of Superman's varying powers.
Quote:
But don't make up powers for the sake of a scene. Ugh.
YES! Let's see him doing more than just lifting .............. really heavy things. I'd like to see Superman throw a punch at someone.

Quote:
A faithful, brightly colored costume.
Quote:
Let's not repeat that mistake. And for God's sake no leather or rubber.
I have faith that Snyder will deliver in the costumer department, he's done so in his other movies.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote