View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #64
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread!

Quote:
Elfman's Alice in Wonderland is nominated for a Grammy in the Best Score Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
I know this is old ,but I didn't watch any of the Grammys on Sunday. According to FSM (Film Score Monthly)Toy Story 3 (Randy Newman) won the Grammy for Best Score Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television, or Other Visual Media. Not surprised Elfman didn't win, but surprised Zimmer's Inception didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
The Golden Globe nominations are in and here are the nominess for best original score ;

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOTION PICTURE

ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - THE KING’S SPEECH
DANNY ELFMAN - ALICE IN WONDERLAND
A.R. RAHMAN - 127 HOURS
TRENT REZNOR, ATTICUS ROSS - THE SOCIAL NETWORK
HANS ZIMMER - INCEPTION

Full list of nominees can be found here:

http://www.goldenglobes.org/blog/2010/12/the-68th-annual-golden-globe-awards-nominations/

I think it's great Elfman is nominated, but (just like the Grammy nominations) I don't think he has a chance at winning. Still sweet his Alice score was nominated b/c it is a great score and winning an award doesn't have to show for it, imo.
Once again this is old news, but in case anybody missed this and was wondering who won. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross won for The Social Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
According to this
http://musicatthemovies.wordpress.co...l-music-award/

Elfman is nominated for a BAFTA for his Alice in Wonderland score. BTW, in case anyone didn't catch the GG's Sunday night Elfman lost to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross of The Social Network. Please. At least they don't have a shot at winning this award b/c they're not nominated. It's also cool to see Powell get recognition for HTTYD. Once again Elfman won't win. Either Desplat or Rahman have it in the bag.
It's still nice to see Elfman get some recognition, though
Desplat (no surprise) won for The King's Speech. Although I knew Elfman wasn't going to get any of the awards. It's still nice to see his music get recognition. Too bad the Academy didn't bother giving him any recognition this year. When he should've been nominated for Alice. Oh well.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 02-17-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote