View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #32
Timstuff
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

The Marvel Movie-verse is crowded enough without bringing the X-Men into it, and vise-a-verse. Besides, I love the X-Men movies (well, except for Wolverine, but that's effectively getting retconned out anyway) and I think they work well being in their own universe. Yeah, they're not 100% accurate to the source material, but then again the comics aren't either so it doesn't really bug me.

It's a shame about Spider-Man, though. I thought Raimi's Spider-Man could have fit easily in the same universe as Iron Man (and they originally planned on alluding to this in a dropped scene in IM, but they had to drop it due to rights issues), and I don't really like how the reboot is shaping up. I don't really care what happens to Spider-man right now since the version I liked is over and done with.

Maybe Marvel will get the rights to F4 and Daredevil back. I think that could work out well, because I want Marvel to be able to use Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Kingpin in the MMU. Marvel could do awesome stuff with them, but not if Fox still holds onto them.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote