View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #93
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: How should Superman fight?

As long as he doesn't look so highly trained, I'm good. I'd like him to utilize a combo of his powers.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...mpy-punch-bag/

Quote:
Grant Morrison to Hollywood: Don’t make Superman a ‘limp and wimpy punch bag’
Feb. 22, 2011 | 10:27 a.m.

Grant Morrison can watch his version of the Man of Steel fly across the screen now with today’s home-video release of the animated “All-Star Superman,” but the acclaimed comics writer is as eager as everyone else to see what producer Christopher Nolan, director Zack Snyder and star Henry Cavill come up with as they try to get a live-action Superman film off the ground.

“I can’t wait to see what they do. There are so many ways to tell Superman stories that might resonate with a modern audience, and I’m looking forward to see how Zack Snyder approaches it. Things I’d personally like to see are a non-camp Luthor, some other villains like Metallo or Brainiac and a more vigorous, go-getting Superman. The noble attempts to portray him as a Christ-like, American redeemer figure in ‘Superman Returns’ had the unfortunate effect of making him a limp and wimpy punch bag. Superman is a highly principled hero, but he’s no pacifist; he’s a brawler who doesn’t give in until he’s dead or the bad guy’s down, and I’d like to see a bit more of that grit. “

– Geoff Boucher

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote