View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #66
Kurosawa
Banned User

Default Re: My personal wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
ok, so for my wish list...it's basically the personality and mannerisms of Clark:

To deflect suspicion that he is Superman, Clark Kent adopted a largely passive and introverted personality with conservative mannerisms, a higher-pitched voice and a slight slouch. This personality is typically described as "mild-mannered," perhaps most famously by the opening narration of Max Fleischer's Superman animated theatrical shorts. These traits extended into Clark's wardrobe, which typically consists of a bland-colored business suit, a red necktie, black-rimmed glasses (which in Pre-Crisis stories had lenses of Kryptonian material that would not be damaged when he fired his heat vision through them), combed-back hair, and occasionally a fedora.
This is pretty much the way I see Clark and want Clark to be handled. I don't want Chris Reeve's slapstick Clark, but I do want Clark to be a very soft, retiring sort of character. To me, that's part of his strength as a reporter...he comes off so non-threatening that he puts people at ease.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote