View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #108
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick

Default Re: 1938 Superman. The One To Adapt?

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Fact or theory?

I see:

not fan of comic books = you haven't read one single comic book ever in your entire life.
no mention of a single comic book from the time = you haven't read one single comic book ever in your entire life.
hbe didn't read comics by his own admission. I'm not making these things up. I don't need to do it when the proof is coming from the man's own words.

Quote:
But he doesn't mention that he didn't read Batman comic books for the movie right?
Not in that interview but he does in this one http://www.popentertainment.com/timburton.htm
Besides Harryhausen, were there any other pop culture references that influenced your recent movies like comic books?

Those kinds of things that you grow up watching like the Rankin and Bass "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", they stay with you. They just kind of form what you like to do. I wasn't a big comic book fan, really. I don't know if I was dyslexic, but I always had trouble knowing which box to read first. I kept reading the wrong box and thought this is a comic book that doesn't make any sense. Do I read the one up here or the one down here? I couldn't quite deal with it.

Quote:
Bat-gadgets and weapons are clearly based on the comics. Sometimes they're even better in Burton's movie. Bruce Wayne is the way a real life kid could grow up after such a traumatic experience. That doesn't prove he didn't read Batman comics for the movie.
no it proves he was going off the script that Sam Hamm wrote and Michael Uslan approved. I know Mike Uslan.

Quote:
He was certainly prepared for everything and he was far from coming, shooting at everybody and running. When he meets the thugs at the beginning or Jack napier at Axis he was quite controlled. It was when innocent people's lives were at stake that he didn't hesitate in killing and shooting.

In the first sequence and in Axis he pretty much slipped off into the shadows.
No he lumbered through like a freight train, walked around opening and closing his cape and was about as stealthy as John Candy in "Who is Harry Crumb?". I liked the movies but they are a product of their time, from a pair of producers who wanted Bill Murray to play Batman and Nicholas Cage to play Superman.
However I feel like we're getting off track. I stand by my statement, People will want to see a version of Superman they recognize from Television and films inn the new movie. No radical changes just upgrades.

My opinions are are my own and do not reflect those of DC comics,Warner Bros, Marvel Entertainment, Walt Disney, IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Action Lab Entertainment unless otherwise stated.

Last edited by JamalYIgle; 03-02-2011 at 12:45 PM.
JamalYIgle is offline   Reply With Quote