View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #68
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread!

After repeated listens I believe Elfman's The Wolfman score is underrated. In fact probably one of the most underrated scores of last year. This score gets better and better for me after every listen. I enjoy every track. This score is back to Elfman's roots and more.

I've heard that "Wolf Suite #1" was supposed to be the main title for the film, but was cut. I don't know how much truth is into that. But it's a shame that the studio wanted to reject this great score from the film . This to me was the best thing about the film after I saw it. I know the music was butchered and rewritten in some parts by another composer.

The movie had as much problems as the score. This movie had so much potential. With Joe Johnston stretching his directing skills for this, Benicio Del Toro (who already looks weird and strange without the make up), Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving, Emily Blunt, the great Rick Baker providing the make up, Andrew Kevin Walker's screenplay, Rick Heinrichs' production design, and of course Danny Elfman providing the score. This used to be one of the most anticipated movies upon it's original release. Until they delayed it a bunch of times and almost rejected Elfman's score. I waited to see it on dvd b/c of the bad buzz and reviews it was getting. The movie was okay but could've been much much better, imo. Oh well at least I got the score to enjoy. Which is one of the few things that lived up to the potential the movie had, imo.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote