View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!

Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

The "Reality" as you so eloquently put it, is that there is and always have been a hyperbolic criticism surrounding Micheal Bay and the Transformers Movies. And you just pointed it out with your response. I don't see how this isn't clear by now.

i dont like bays versions of the film, plan n simple there are other films he has done and i have had no problems with them.look at my view of this film how you want...at the end of the day you have your thoughts and i have mine..

You're acting like a film has never gotten a bad rap before.

Not at alll..i never go by what a critic says to judge or go watch a film, i'm plainly pointing out to you *insert number* of people may it be cirtics, fanboys, casual fans..didnt like the film for whatever their reasons were, alot of us share some of the views..if you want to look at it as a "witch hunt" against michael bay..go right ahead.

actually you did say that, but I digress

Transformers has tasteless humor but the Hangover is the comedy hit of the year. There is no right or wrong way to do humor. Just people that get bent out of shape when their franchise isn't taken seriously.

look at it however you want, i like to think there is such a way to do comedy and when you do you get G, PG, NC-17, R ratings..the last time i check "the hangover" is rated R, TF is PG-13 with all ages going to see it. I wouldnt take my 6 year old nephew to see hangover..but i would take him to see transformers..again look at the film and it's humor how you want.

Transformers2 got "bad reviews" but it was also the highest grossing film that year...we're not here to talk about the masses or the critics.

so because it grossed alot of money, there's no room to have an issue with the film????

I know exactly what it was implying actually. I just happen to think it was done in a "tasteful way" when one stops to consider the alternatives to such a gag.

^^ you thought it was "tasteful" others didn't is that so hard to understand?

I never said it didn't have the representation of the male anatomy, but you seem to not understand the difference between representing something and showing it. The day the show balls in a transformers movie is the day I jump on the hate wagon myself.

yup your view on things is far more advance then mine (sarcasm) look at it how you will at this point.

You know the 90's batman movies had nipples in them...god forbid.

and?

you addressed my "approach" first, I simply showed you that you were doing the same thing except no one was calling you names for it.

As for relaxing, I'm not the moderator or anything and you have broken any rules, it's just for someone that seems to talk of respect as much as you do you punctuate your weariness very strongly. At a certain point you said it was like talking to child...just saying you should exercise more patience with people.

i apologize for my comment to you..now if you wanna keep harpen on it, have at it, you have your way of posting i have mine. I'm pretty sure i was plenty respectful to every poster...there's been far worst things said on these boards then me referring to someone not understanding or their understanding level as being no more different then a childs..but if you wanna cont. to be my judge and jury on it..have at it man..i did my apology to you already, so i'm good.

Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote