View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
As I stated before, Tonys issues with women and alcohol are part of the characters history and the source martial.
Validation by source material wouldn't(doesn't) render the content non offensive if it was.

Theoretically if someone made a remake of the this film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serbian_Film for American audiences and kept all the "source material"

It would still be as "offensive" as the original.

What your getting at is how willing as "Fans" you would be to forgive something that is validated by source and that's fine.

However, it doesn't take source material to understand/justify that an adult like Tony Stark drinks and then goes on to act a fool after the fact, it's not offensive to any average audience member that isn't going into the film looking to pick it apart. By that same logic a grown woman accidently consuming intoxicating brownies and acting a fool shouldn't be either..yet "it is"

This isn't me advocating more of this kind of humor in the new TF film, but rather me highlighting the obvious double standard I've seen in the reception of the previous one.