View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #24
powerbomb1411
Side-Kick

Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Not to sound crass, but of course he's going to pay the fans lip-service, they've only been buying toys of "him" for twenty some odd years now. I'd be pretty grateful too, considering, without Prime, he'd have been far less successful. As Marvin, Hotwire and I have all said, these articles hardly prove Bay was opposed to using the original voice actors, or that he was "forced" to give them an audition, or that 'the fanbase' was the reason he got cast (because that same fanbase was clearly unable to get Welker recast as Megatron). Don Murphy, the producer, was lobbying for Cullen as far back as 2004 when they were going through script drafts and no director was attached. Bay admittedly wasn't a Transformers fan, and considering his age I doubt he knew Cullen from my left foot when he signed on. Even in their first meeting Bay didn't know Cullen was just a voice actor.
Bay himself said a few times it was the fans that convinced him to give Cullen a shot. He also gave Welker a shot but didn't feel his voiced matched what Megatron should sound like on the big screen.

powerbomb1411 is offline   Reply With Quote