View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #78
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yeah a badly dubbed clip with Welker's voice against footage of the movie is a **** example. Sorry.

Even still I prefer Welker's voice. Kurtzman and Orci also wanted Welker for the role which is why they got him the job in Transformers: Prime.
David Kaye was just so much better, I just can't agree with anyone who claims Welker made that character. There's so many subtlies to Kaye's voice, he really becomes that character. Welker on the other hand just sounds bland IMO. His Megatron was, more or less, a Doctor Doom. You could've interchanged his voice with many, if not all villains. I rewatched More Than Meets the Eye this weekend, and Cullen blew me away with how much heart and soul he put into Optimus, but Welker...meh. Soundwave and Starscream stood out a lot more IMO. Even Prowl, who slowly became a C-Lister, seemed to have a more iconic voice. The only character I can't detach Welker's voice from is Freddy from Scooby-Doo (apparently no one else can either), I think he's even said that was his favorite character to voice.

Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-21-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote