View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #59
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Default Re: Downey's last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
Yeah and Jack Nicholson IS The Joker.....oh...wait....****

I love RDJ as Tony, but you can recast ANYBODY for these comic book films because most of these characters have over 40 years worth of history, which leads to 100s of different interpretations of the character. Someone may not be able to be RDJ's Tony, but someone can be a different style Tony that is still true to the source material. Again, look at Jack and Heath. Sure, overall you can tell it is the same character, but both interpreted Joker very differently and both interpretations/performances were extremely well received.
I agree. The reason you really can't do it with McLane or Jones is that movies are where they were created. They really have no other interpretation(and no, the potboiler that Die Hard was based on doesn't count since John McLane is not in that book. They only took the spare plot of that book to make the movie off of but they came up w/ McLane as a character on their own) beyond the original actors who portrayed them on screen.