View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #79
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Default Re: Do you wish Katie was in TDK, or do you wish Maggie was in BB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesCameronOnl View Post
In that case Alfred is also that prima donna. She was like a guide, a parent to him when he needed it. I guess it depends on POV, but like Nolan said, Rachel was Bruce's moral guide. Rachel was extremely wise and helped Bruce "tune up" when he got lost. She supported him when he needed it (she understood and accepted his will to attend the trial), she was very sweet and open to him (ending scene) and also when he deserved it she was harsh on him and gave him tough love and criticized him when he deserved it. The wise words of "its not who you are underneath" came from her, the whole "Bruce is your mask" statement did as well. She was sometimes sweet, sometims arrogant, sometime tough, sometime supportive, sometime criticizing. She was a trusted, childhood friend, love interest and parent at the same time

Maggie on the other hand didnt even understand Bruce (Harvey may not know when youre making fun of him but I do) and was constantly dismissive and annoyed by even his presence ("Yeah, fancy that"), not even listening to him and being so insensitive to his feelings, not even wanting to talk (Dont make me your only hope for a normal life), being so cold about it and just leaving him standing alone, not even willing to support him with some words and friendly talk or advice. She had only one dimension, one color, and that was a dime a dozen DA office worker who clearly didnt want anything to do with Bruce at all. And nothing but being mean to Bruce was the only thing she did
I agree, Katie's Rachel cared about Bruce deeply though I always felt it was more as a friendship thing. I applauded her when she forced Bruce to look past his personal pain about his parents murder and to see the system that had invented Chill and how it is still in power. That scene in the car is what made me love Rachel Dawes. She cared about him from the start of the movie til the end of it even when he had deeply hurt her by disapearing for 7yrs then showing back up and never contacting her. I felt Rachel in BB served a great purpose as one of the few moral characters who could help Batman establish a change in Gotham. For me she was on the same level as Gordon.

Maggie was all around a "b" to Bruce and she had no reason to be. Bruce had done nothing to offend her or anger her unlike with Katie's Rachel in BB. Taking away from the looks departmen, I can't see why Bruce Wayne would at all be interested in this woman and her condescending attitude and attack remarks upon Bruce's character. Maggie as Rachel just came off as insensitive, arrogant, and a shrill school marm and I can't think of one scene in the movie where she actually was Bruce's friend.

Last edited by Szetsilya; 04-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote