View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer: Why 'Superman Returns' Didn't Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Thats why I don't understand why some of the fans of SR blame the anti fans for a sequel not being made? It's Singer's fault that a sequel isn't coming out, not mine or anybody elses who disliked or hated the film. He decided that for some reason that he didn't want to make a sequel and WB obviously decided that without him they weren't going to go the sequel route.
Really? Have people done that? Because it's beyond ridiculous.

I blame the BO results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Yeah I agree.

By treating Superman like christ, he treated Jor-el like God. Like everything he said was absolutely right, and cryptic and wise. And his attempts to constantly ram the theological similarities in our faces (even though IMO they aren't there in the first place unless you put them there), made sure that Superman was always going to be this outsider, lonely and sacrificing himself for the humans because it is the will of his father.

Which is IMO one of the biggest mistakes you can make with a Superman movie. You want him to fight for more than just the lives of all the little humans. You want him to fight for HIS home, for HIS humanity, for HIS life that he's built here, and for the values that his parent's taught him.

He doesn't save the world because it's his Destiny, or because the spirit of his dead father tells him too. He does it because it holds everything that's important to him, and everything that he loves.

I swear, I really hope that Singer's sees Snyder's movie and leaves thinking 'Okay... maybe he's not like Jesus.' or 'That's what Superman is about? I had no idea!'
Of course you know Donner was the one who did this Jesus thing in his movies, which Singer just took up again.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote