View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #21
CoulsonFan
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I think they really ought to consider some kind of obvious unifying mark to slap on all the marketing for Marvel Studios films. They're already trying; everything since Iron Man 2's had the Marvel Studios logo with the slim line underneath. I don't think that's enough. Think of a poster like a comic book cover: I want to see something as obvious as a big M.S. logo in the corner, or the old "MARVEL COMICS GROUP" band at the top.

I would ALSO like to see articles placed online and in print that explain all the connections between the films. Little diagrams showing the relationships between Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers in Entertainment Weekly, Empire, etc. Get people to see how fun this is and encourage them to get together and re-watch these before Summer 2012.

As new layers are added to the shared fiction, perception of the older films will change over time. I think Iron Man 2, especially, will make more sense for a lot of people once they've seen Captain America (and probably Avengers, too.)