View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #30
CoulsonFan
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

There is potentially a lot of overlap between some of the things they want to use. They've got Captain America fighting Hydra in his movie. SHIELD fight Hydra. If Hawkeye and Black Widow are SHIELD agents, they also fight Hydra.
You can throw Captain America all the immortal super Nazi characters--Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Arnim Zola.
You can throw SHIELD the Hydra-specific stuff: legions of Hydra goons, Baron von Strucker, Madame Hydra. 60s SHIELD vs Hydra, 80s GI Joe vs Cobra--same thing, it works.
I guess you could set AIM aside for some other character(s,) but I'll still be shocked if they're ever willing to do MODOK in a movie. If AIM don't have MODOK, they mainly just try to make Cosmic Cubes, in which case it would make sense to involve Red Skull, in which case you've got a Captain America movie.
You could do an origin movie about Black Widow and Hawkeye both being "bad" or more gray-area characters before joining SHIELD, but I think you need people already to care about those characters a little more before following you on that journey.