View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #64
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer: Why 'Superman Returns' Didn't Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
And yet he says at the end, that he's proud of the movie, and would only like to tighten the first act...
So? He's proud of the movie. Doesn't mean he can't tell why more people didn't relate to it.

Quote:
When your making a movie, OF COURSE your thinking about that stuff... ESPECIALLY when your making a summer blockbuster superhero movie!
Really? How many summer blockbusters have you made so you can tell me that with such certainty?

No, many times directors don't think of the audience while making a movie, just the movie they want to make. People like Bay or Snyder do it more than others and yet sometimes they fail to connect the audience (Sucker Punch). That being good or bad is material for discussion. In the end, every Hollywood producer or director agree that no one knows for sure when a movie is going to succeed or not.

Quote:
And beyond that point, it's still him blaming the audience he aimed it at...
Not at all.

He says he should have done the movie differently if he wanted to make more people go and see it. He even says what things should have been differently. He never blames the audience.

Quote:
He's saying he was aiming it at women, as well as saying he was aiming it at Superman: The Movie nostalgia fans.

I'm a woman, and I didn't like the movie. I know plenty of people who loved Superman: The Movie and it's sequels, and find Superman Returns an awful attempt at following it. So IMO he failed to even achieve what he was aiming for.
I'm a man and I don't eat pizzas. Does it mean men don't eat pizza?

Really, hopeful, you can't tell me what people do based on 2 or 3 cases. I can immediatelly tell you of people who don't know the old Donner movies and yet they liked SR. Big deal.

Quote:
The movie failed because it was a bad storyline, with badly written dialogue, terrible casting and a lack of charecterisation IMO.

Not because it was aimed at women, or because it was released in summer and everyone expected a blockbuster.
Good. And his opinion is different. U mad because he doesn't agree with you?

But right or wrong, he's not blaming the audience.

Last edited by El Payaso; 04-24-2011 at 04:09 PM.
El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote