View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #43
UnkillableMick
Over-analyst

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I couldn't find any mention of the timeline elsewhere, so if it is somewhere else, I apologise.

What's everyone's take on it? I know there's been a lot of speculation on how the films fit together continuity-wise. Here's what I make of it.

Captain America: The First Avenger - The stuff with Cap in World War II will obviously come first. Where the present day stuff will sit remains to be seen, but more on that in a bit.

Iron Man - Tony Stark becomes Iron Man, and is later visited by Nick Fury.

Iron Man 2/The Incredible Hulk/Thor - All of these seem to run pretty concurrently. Footage from the Hulk's rampage in TIH shows on Fury's screens at the end of IM2, but Stark has not yet joined SHIELD. Therefore, one can assume that the first part of TIH is happening at the same time as the second half of IM2. Likewise, mjolnir is found on earth towards the end of IM2, meaning that parts of Thor will be happening at the same time as both IM2 and TIH.

The Avengers - Nick Fury assembles Earth's mightiest heroes to fend off a threat no single hero could handle.

As for the present day Cap stuff, I always assumed that the finding and thawing of Cap would be the last thing to happen chronologically before the start of The Avengers, but I read an interesting theory the other day that Cap will be found and defrosted chronologically BEFORE the events of the first Iron Man, hence the title "The First Avenger" and Fury's comment; "You think you're the only superhero in the world?"

What does everyone else think?