View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #102
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Bryan Singer: Why 'Superman Returns' Didn't Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Since many here are determined to compare Spider-Man movies to SR.

And where is Spider-Man 4 ? A movie with stranger plot points (Spider-Man 3) which many considered as exciting when it was released and made ton of money ?

Lets face some facts, both Singer and Sam Raimi are a fan of Donner Superman movies (So is Nolan.) In fact the first Spider-Man movie has many parallels with STM, second Spider-Man movie follows Superman 2 in many areas, third Spider-Man movie is close in many respects to Superman 3.

Superman as a Character is often compared to Moses and Jesus both in Comics and Movies, as Singer was making SR a part of existing Donnerverse Superman, it was to be expected.

I would say that Spider-Man character was created by taking inspiration form Superman.

Anyone who disagrees is not willing to look at these points.
In reponse to both of your Spider-Man bashing posts:

I'm talking about SR in this thread, not Spider-Man. I don't give a flying crap what your opinion is on those films. Bash those films elsewhere.

My only (poorly spelled) point was this; if the movie was more entertaining, those strange plot points wouldn't matter and a second sequel would be forthcoming.

Can you please keep the Spider-Man bashing on the Spider-Man forums? I mean we get it, you don't like the Spider-Man movies. Atleast I'm talking about SR on it's own freaking boards. Is that so hard for you to do?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote