View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #85
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

In an ideal world, Marvel would somehow get FOX and the other companys who own character rights to let their characters be part of this shared universe or at least reference to it/ be referenced to. Like say, if we ever get X-Men 4, have something about the Avengers referenced to on a radio or something, mention them like Cyclops does in the Astonishing X-Men series, or have Spiderman referenced to in a MS movie. Technically, except for cameo roles, Marvel doesn't need these characters (X-Men, Spiderman, Daredevil etc.) until they have a big film such as Civil War or the Secret Invasion, both of which could be rewritten to have other characters in their place. And, even though the films would be the same plot of the iconic stories, they wouldn't be the same. Worst comes to worst Marvel could pay the companys to use the certain characters in their films. I'm sure they could probably even buy back afew characters that most likley won't be used in the franchises, or ones that aren't key to the films.

I think Black Panther and Ant Man are going to be Marvel's main focus after Iron Man 3, and then have Dr Strange, the Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy etc. plus the Thor and Captain America sequels follow, until our next Avengers film, which hopefully will then be followed by characters whos rights have reverted to Marvel. After Marvel's The Avengers comes out, I think we'll see afew franchises come back - does Marvel have Blade back yet? I'm pretty sure the Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider will be next back, but who knows after that. Daredevil could even be given back if it's reboot doesn't do well. The only chance we have of getting X-Men and Spidey into this universe is refences and paying them, as they are big money makers and Fox'll want them 'till they don't bring in the cash anymore. Apart from them, I'm fairly sure we will see everyone back soon, and most major characters have a film in the MCU.