View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Default Re: The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
I always refer to it specifically as "Ang Lee's Hulk" because it's definitely his take on the character, not necessarily a direct adaptaion of the comic.
Too true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
You know what I wish? I would have loved for Ang to do a take on Joe Fixit or Professor Hulk in some sequels. The thing that hurt his movie is that too many people think that Hulk is the same "Hulk Smash" creature with no growth. The David run really went into Hulk's personal growth as a character there, and it looked like Ang's movie will be the closest we'll get to that.
Ang's movie is beautiful to watch. I loved how some scenes seemed surreal and how the acting was really intense at times. I think that the movie just took people off guard and that is why it gets the bad wrap among a few other things. I think Ang would do a good job with the right Hulk script, less artistic freedom and if he stuck to the comic characters personal growth. I missed Hulks leaps in TIH. And did an EXCELLENT job with that.

I think if we get a new Hulk film Peter David, Len Wein and Greg Pak should be the brain trust or advisory board sought in keeping true to the character. Each writer bought something unique to, but stayed true to all aspects of the character.

Last edited by Gamma Ra; 05-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Gamma Ra is offline   Reply With Quote