View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #40
theMan-Bat
Team Batman

Default Re: Superman Renounces U.S Citizenship in Action Comics #900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
while i dont agree with the story, i think people need to stop viewing it as anti-american. its not, and that was made obvious in the story.
Renouncing his U.S. Citizenship is an anti-American act. A blatantly unpatriotic act. Renouncing his U.S. Citizenship isn't protecting America. As long as he is a member of the Justice League of America and his comrades are all Americans, no sudden renunciation of his U.S. Citizenship talk would convince the Iranian regime that the Big Blue Boy Scout doesn't represent America.
And as John Byrne said, "It's rather under the heading of flogging a dead horse to mention that DC is once again ignoring its own 'continuity', but Superman WAS long ago awarded World Citizenship by the UN."
Limited Collectors Edition #31 Superman (1974) by E. Nelson Bridwell:

Superman already has been a Citizen of all counties while remaining a U.S. Citizen, of course. Renouncing his U.S. Citizenship is completely contradictory to being a Citizen of the world. America is a part of the world. Superman's already had a large global focus while also being a patriotic U.S. Citizen. There is nothing wrong with him being patriotic for his home country. Patriotism and Jingoism are not the same things at all.

Manbat I adore you, those articles were amazing thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Honesty, God bless you Man-Bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Wow, brilliant post, man. Seriously, I couldn't possibly counter debate that. That post is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. You're obviously a true scholar of Batman lore
You've convinced me. Well played, sir. It's great to debate with someone who has the hard facts to back up what they say
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote