View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Default Re: The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

You know I saw this film in theaters when it came out. I gave it like a 7.3/10. I thought it was good but that was it and I kinda forgot about.

However in the past few months, I just kinda felt like re-watching it. I was walking through Best Buy and found it on blu ray for 10 bucks. So I said what the hell, and bought it. I sat down and watched last week about 3 times, and I sat down and thought long and hard about it.

To this day I said that my favorite comic films were easily TDK, BB, and SM2. However after seeing this again on blu......I was more then blown away. I think this is the most underrated comic film, and maybe just over all a very under-rated film. Now I would tie it easily with SM2. I know it's unpopular to say that around here but I will say it. I thought the film was incredibly cerebral, powerful, emotional, and just good all around. This I think has potential to be a cult film like Blade Runner in the future. I like Marvel's films still, but I just think 2000-2004 they made their best ones. And I wish they would at least take one character with a serious tone again. Hulk was just that, and I think is very under-rated.

I wish that some how this cult thing got big and they could make a Hulk 2 with Bana and Lee but I doubt it will ever happen. Too bad because it could have been a great series. And I would have loved to see where Ang would have taken it.

Ya some of the SFX was not the best, but for the most part it was brilliant. Man and Elfman's score.....one of his best. I can't stop listening to it now. I honestly will say this may be my favorite Marvel film, and its too bad it may never see a sequel.

I rate this film now a 9.3/10

I love it when a film you did not care for that much.....then seeing it years later and loving it.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote