View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Default Re: The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

Well lol I've been around here for a long while, and as a comic fan myself I understand how some don't like anything changed with their characters lol. And I do understand that.

I will be blunt and say I really don't know a lot about Hulk. I'm mainly a DC guy, and Batman and Supes were the ones I was closest with. So I see where your coming from with some of that.

I agree the body of Hulk I did not care for as much, and I thought some of the design was odd.

As for the other stuff I guess I don't know enough, but I felt that what origin they did create was a good one, I know making David the Absorbing man may have made some mad, but I really liked what Ang Lee has done.

Many of us Bat fans have talked about changes in film done to characters in comics. But I will say this one thing. Comics are mosaics, they are not as static as some want to believe. I think if the core of the character is there, they can change a lot of things as long as some of the core elements remain. Comic writers/artists in the Bat world have changed things, altered things and had different interpretations. I see film as no different. It may not have been exactly what fans wanted, but as you said it was a great film, and sometimes I enjoy change and it can give a different view of a character.

But again I don't know a lot about Hulk, though I enjoyed the movie immensely and would have loved to see a trilogy made around it. Maybe some day you will get the Hulk the fans really want and deserve. But for now I was just very very impressed with this film. I admit it got me choked up a few times, especially when he screams "Take it TAKE IT ALL!!!!" But yea good film though I'm glad I got it on blu now.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote