View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #32
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Default Re: The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

We fans are a finicky bunch. I've been lurking around the Batman boards, and "minor details" that trouble the die-hard Bat fan seem like frivolous details to me, LOL, with the possible Lazarus Pit and all. (Nolan Bat films are incredible)

I understand that nothing is static, but when one is given a character that only resembles the one you came to see in look and namesake, but not in substance, then all connection you had for the character is lost. I know there will always be artistic interpretation and liberties taken, but I do believe that there is such a thing as straying too far.

I loved the "take it all" and "puny human" lines it made my hair stand up and I wanted more. Hulk is a psychological character who has so much to offer if given the chance to shine. He' really a unique character that has many internal conflicts going on, but so much character is lost when he's not able to voice himself. Ang's movie did gave a little glimpse of it. All in all, I loved the surreal as tone of some of the scenes and felt it was a really great movie.

Last edited by Gamma Ra; 05-08-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Gamma Ra is offline   Reply With Quote