View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #39
The Morningstar
Banned User

Default Re: The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ra View Post
This thread is about Ang Lee's Hulk film, so my focus is on his film. I thought that Leterrier's TIH took as many liberties with the character as did Ang's.

Who stated that just becuse Hulk said "Hulk Smash" or "Leave me alone" that it made Leterrier's Hulk more of a Hulk than Ang Lee's Hulk? I sure didn't.

If you read what I've been writing, you'd see I said I thought Ang did a better job on the psychological drama, but Hulk is not just about a psychological drama, rage, or primal anger.

And my desires are superficial, WOW. The Hulk jumping around was excellent in Ang's Hulk film, but jumping around does not make one Hulk. He's so much...More...You must have read the Abomination, he leaps like Hulk too, and Samson does too and She-Hulk and Red Hulk(Ross) and the Rick Jones Hulk from issues #325-327.........MAESTRO too.

Check out my posts, all my real beefs have to do with the Hulk characterization and not so much power levels.
Sorry, none of that was actually aimed at you, apart from the part about Ang's Hulk wiping the floor with TIH Hulk.

I was just speaking in general. I've seen a lot of people who trash Ang's Hulk as boring praise Leterrier's Hulk because he said HULK SMASH!

There is obviously more to the Hulk character than that. I feel Ang's Hulk was much more cerebral and "got" the character better. It just annoys me when people call it boring.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote