View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #266
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
In a nutshell though, you were saying that SM2 and X2 were not as entertaining to you 2-3 years later after multiple viewings, no? The point still stands that movies meant for quick consumption (like superhero films) are not going to hold up over intense scrutiny and years of viewing. You may prefer the MCU films, but they lose their luster too. IM1 in many ways is just following the formula of SM1 which followed the formula of STM. It's a vicious cycle.
So what do you watch? Only newly released films, Memento and Inception? Your opinion of 90% of blockbuster films actually degrades relative to the number of viewings over time? I may periodically tire of things I enjoy, but I don't stop enjoying them. I might move on to other things for a while, but I'll eventually come back to anything I had fun watching. And when I do, I almost never find the film worse than when I left it.

People like certain films for a reason...because they LIKE THE FILMS. They also watch those films multiple times for that same reason. Your logic doesn't make sense.

I like pizza. If I eat pizza for a week straight, I'm going to be a little tired of pizza. I might not eat pizza for a month. My personal opinion of pizza has not changed, however.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote