View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #35
Drz
Sentinel of Liberty

Default Re: Captain America vs Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
I have no evidence of Captain America having that ability. He still can't see through smoke.
#17 of Brubaker's run states Captain America has a keen eyesight and hearing, he dodges bullets easily because he sees faster than they move, with him hearing where the stuff comes from, it's not hard to just dodge and throw the shield at poor Brucie. Also Captain America is immune to all forms of diseases from sex diseases to vampirism, thats how powerful the super soldier is, he is unbreakable.

Quote:
Where do you get the shield being faster than Batarangs? Both are thrown with the same force (Batman and Captain America have equivalent strength),
Captain America has all the optimums pushed beyond what a human can normally reach, despite basic physics the amount of strenght he can easily put on throwing the shield is just well... easy for him, Batman using his full strenght in trying to throw the batarangs faster than what Captain America could throw and dodge would ultimately leave Batman with 0 stamina and well, it would be a epic fail from him.

Quote:
The edge of the shield is blunt, or else Captain America would cut himself on it, and throwing it a person's head would be a lethal option, which it is not depicted as in the comics. So it's not going to cut through the grapnel line.
The shield regularly does things that a Shield isn't really capable of, so i'll just let this go since it can be debated but hey lets use real science for us.

Quote:
Batman's not that easy to beat. He would just get back up. Plus, when Cap throws the shield, he can't use it to defend himself, providing Batman with a small window of opportunity to punch him in the face.
And again, Steve's a super soldier with so much more stamina than Batman, he would out endure Batman and tire Batman down.
Quote:
Besides, assuming the shield flies in a circle like a boomerang, if he throws it and then rushes Batman, he's not going to catch it on its return trip. It would land away from him, extending Batman's opportunity to attack him. Hell, he could just attach sonic devices to Cap's ears which would hurt like hell and distract him enough for Batman to knock him out.
Why can't Cap use the stuff he has on his belt then too? It has other things from medical packages, how about some flash grenades or gas grenades too?
Quote:
He doesn't need to be. The shield can miss (it's not as though it's laser-guided or something), and he would be aware that Captain America may use that tactic. Captain America doesn't have the edge on him.
How on earth can Batman outthink a peak human who thinks much faster than Batman? Not to mention is stronger and faster, is Batman guarded by plot device here?

Quote:
Batman has kevlar. Captain America (far as I know) has ...some chain mail. Great for stopping arrows, but he's fighting Batman, not Green Arrow or Hawkeye.
Cap's armor is both chainmail and kevlar. :P

Quote:

********. Captain America is only mortal as well. He's not superhuman (most of the time), only peak human conditioning, in terms of strength and speed. He's no stronger or faster than Batman, he just can keep it up longer. If Batman knocks Captain America out quickly, then it doesn't matter how much more endurance Captain America has.
Incorrect. Read some Captain America comics, i'll recommend the Brubaker Omnibuses!
Quote:
Bias toward Captain America.
Oh please i base my opinions based off having read both characters, how about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderfan24 View Post
Ah, I love bat-boy think that Batman can beat anyone. Seriously, get a life.
They even think that Batman can beat Spidey. Woooww.
Theres no reason to be rude at everyone, this will just get you in trouble.