View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #268
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Superman the Movie = STILL the greatest superhero movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Most skyscrapers don't have windows that open, probably because it's pretty windy that high up. Also, if I recall correctly, people can be seen looking at Clark as he jumps out the ****ing window. This is never brought up again.
Yeah most don't . I've been in high offices and seen them but not skyscrapers. However If people were shown looking I don't recall but that might of been a mistake in direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Another problem I had was Lex Luthor. He's not a very threatening villain, and Otis didn't help matters at all. In a serious film like Superman: The Movie, I want to be scared of the villain, not laugh at him and his incompetent henchmen. It would be like if in THE DARK KNIGHT, one of the Joker's goons put all his explosives in the wrong hospital or the wrong warehouse when he was threatening Harvey Dent's life. Comic relief has no place in a scene about a mad genius stealing nuclear weapons with intent to use them to cause massive civilian casualties. Not to mention the people assigned to guard the nuclear ****ing weapons are too incompetent to serve as mall security.
I thought Lex was capable , he damn near killed Superman.They were cartoonish though. I guess they just toned it down to appeal to kids.
I didn't think the film had a serious tone really until the end.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote