View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #641
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Chris Hemsworth as THOR

IMO Thor is one of the hardest comic book characters to be brought to life outside the realm of comics and cartoons. And yet in this film Kenneth Branagh managed not only to achieve bring Thor to life in a spectacular way.

The God of Thunder: Thor - Chris Hemsworth was perfectly cast in this role. Thor is the God of Thunder, and the size Hemsworth was perfect for the role. Hemsworth was believable in his strength, voice, and how he carried the lead character. I loved how he altered his voice when Thor was arrogant to when Thor became humble selfless hero. Chris Hemsworth has a strong precense to him that he is noticed on-screen. He played Papa Kirk in the first ten minutes in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, and even in that short amount of screentime Chris Hemsworth was quite memorable.

In Thor Chris Hemsworth does the same thing, but no one steals the spotlight from one another in this movie. The cast is so perfectly casted that they support each other which increases the quality of the acting performances.

Anywho, going back to Thor I loved that they made a shout-out to Thor's alter ego Donald Blake in the film. I didn't know if they were going to do that or not, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the name tag on the shirt Jane Foster gave him.

Chris looked amazing in the costume.

The fighting by Thor was so iconic too!! Thor's fighting style was excellently portrayed and quite iconic from the hammer's ground twirl to how he flew.

I was quite impressed by Chris Hemsworth in this film, and I'm looking forward to seeing his interaction in The Avengers. There were many pivotal moments in the movie where Thor starts to evolve as a character, and in one specific part I did get a bit a teary eyed. I loved that the movie didn't end the movie with Thor automatically being perfect or anything of that nature, but rather saying to his father that he has a lot still to learn. Since they wrote the movie as the first installment in a trilogy you get a great foundation of what a great king Thor will be from his scarifices to taking accountabillity of being an arrogant boy in the last thirty minutes of the movie. It's a great progression for a character, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it in the sequel and in The Avengers.

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 08-26-2011 at 10:24 AM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote