View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Siegel & Shuster vs WB: Superman and Infinite Crisis - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think Time Warner should just settle out of court.

Better for them to part with 10-20 million per family than to give the entire character away.

If WB/DC are changing Superman's look in the comics just to avoid paying out some money, that's the lowest of the low. Screw over the die hard fans and screw over Siegel and Shuster's heirs. The Lawyer I couldn't give a crap about, as he's using the families to feather his own nest. Will they have to change the planet he's from? Also Metropolis and Lois Lane are pre DC iirc. so they'd need to lose that. What about his name SUPERMAN. Will they lose that?

It's curious that Lee and co have only changed the boots, the Neckline and the belt/trunks. Stuff that can be traced to S&S. WB/DC own the Logo, Kryptonite, Faster than a speeding bullet, Flying and a bunch of other stuff. They could argue that Zorro had a cape before Superman, so S&S's Lawyer likely can't stop them from using that. Smells fishy to me. Reboot all of the characters along with Superman, so that you can pretend like it's not being done simply to stiff Siegel and Shuster's families. Are WB/DC this conniving or is it pure coincidence that they are adjusting the last vestiges of S&S's intellectual property.

Stephen K. Hone is offline   Reply With Quote