View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Default Re: Please no more prequels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I dunno. Prequels seem the best route to take at this point. X-Men: The Last Stand dead ended so much, and eliminated so much of the essence of X-Men by killing Cyclops, Xavier, and Jean (the latter of the 3 not being a bad creative decision) as well as depowering Rogue. I get that the cure doesn't seem permanent or whatever, but I think that's a really bad plot point to build a sequel around (making the last movie pointless), and I have my own theories as to why Magneto is still powered.

A future X-Men 4 could have a solid enough roster of characters - Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, as well as -possibilities- (albeit not necessarily likely) of returning Angel or Nightcrawler - but the portrayals of some characters (i.e.: Iceman) or the actors of characters (i.e.: Iceman, Colossus) might not be strong enough to build a movie around.

Does Shawn Ashmore have the acting chops to toughen Iceman up a bit, and bring him more in line with his comic book self? Does Daniel Cudmore have the acting chops to portray an actual character, period? These are 2 of my favorite characters from the comics (Colossus more so than Iceman), but the movies didn't do them justice, mischaracterizing one of them (Iceman) and making the other one nothing more than background (Colossus).

If the characters were written well enough, and the acting was strong enough, an X-Men team consisting of Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, and Colossus would be awesome. I don't know what storyline the films would touch on, though.
X4 can easily have a great roster for the team, between Wolvie, Storm, Prof X, Kitty, Iceman, Rogue, Beast, Angel and Collosus (Recast I hope) you have have a lot of options left from the surviving X-Men.

Also If the decide to go the Mr Sinisiter route they can connect him to Cyke and Jean like in the comics. And since Cyclops death wasn't shown they can bring him back by saying that Sinister saved him by using his genetics experiments. In regards to Jean, go the Madelyn Pryor and route and have Sinister clone her so he can create the perfect mutant (Cable).Then have Gambit stage a rescue and reunite the gang so they can have an epic group battle with Sinister and his marauders.

In the end show setup X5 by showing a glimpse of Apocalypse as the mastermind behind it all maybe even mention the horseman or Angel turning into one.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote