View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #37
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Next Armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
That's why I mentioned War Machine as well. WM isn't a new character, just a piece of technology. And I'm not even saying that the Hulk buster shouldn't be in this movie. I'm saying that it shouldn't be there simply due to Marvel impatiently giving in to simple fan service.

IMO nothing should be included for that reason, if it can be avoided. It should be there to support the over-all film mythos(which includes making it come about when the time is right).

I also don't want someone like Winter Soldier showing up in Captain America 2 for the same reason. Does that mean that I never wanted to see Venom, War Machine, the Hulk buster armor or Winter Soldier? Of course not. I do want to see them all but I want them put in where it works the best and makes the most sense.

As I said before, impatience is a killer. Marvel is making this mythos to last(one would hope) and blowing your wad like a prepubescent teen visiting his first adult bookstore just because you can is not what I'd like to see.
The Hulkbuster armor is just an armor. It's not like giving Rhodey the WM suit. That takes a story arc and build up. Stark has been working with Fury behind the scenes. Him having an armor to combat the Hulk can be explained in 2 seconds. It is not a distraction.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote