View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #29
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

X-Men: The Last Stand is another example. The DVD has no special features, and only a few deleted scenes. The Blu Ray has a ton more deleted scenes, and all the backstage, behind the scenes, making of special features and documentaries.

Blu Ray isn't going to be my primary mode of watching movies. But since I got my setup for cheap, I will definitely use it for movies I watch regularly anyways. Like the X-Men movies.

I'd get Lord of the Rings, but I don't want to spend $100+ on the Blu Ray box set when I don't even watch the extended versions. Call me weird, but outside of a couple plot points (most notably, going more in depth with Boromir and Faramir), I'm just not that interested in the extended. I prefer watching the theatrical. To my knowledge, the Lord of the Rings Blu Ray set that is out doesn't have theatrical, just extended.

Outside of that, I'd probably get the Star Wars movies. Mayyyybbbee the Terminator movies (1 and 2 anyways). And a couple other movies here or there. Blu Ray is definitely better. But not better enough to double the cost of movies to be the primary format I watch. Upconverted DVD's aren't that bad.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote