View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #35
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
It is my dream to one day see extended editions of X-men movies (if they do exist) on BD.
They don't exist, but there is certainly enough quality deleted and alternate material to make some pretty good "extended" versions of the films.

I think X-Men could benefit from the additional Rogue footage, as well as the extended conversation between Logan and Scott in the bedroom.

X2 seems to have the least need for deleted material, as none of the deleted scenes, at least on the Blu Ray, really add much of anything to the movie.

X-Men: The Last Stand would be severely improved by the addition of some of that alternate footage, like the alternate dialogue between Wolverine and Iceman as they board the jet for Alcatraz, and also the alternate version of Rogue rejecting the cure would make things more satisfying.

I think that X-Men Origins: Wolverine would also greatly benefit from some of it's alternate footage, more specifically the alternate mind erase sequence. I feel that alternate scene is done so much better than what we got, fits the character and the story so much better, and allows the adamantium bullets plot point actually make a little bit of sense. The deleted scene with Creed finding and killing Blob would also make more sense for Creed just showing up in New Orleans (although at least his reason for being there is still acknowledged: "Worked on Dukes")

I feel like there has to be some deleted footage of the Gambit fight as well, because him just appearing on the rooftop is definitely out of place.

And I really think that there's even more deleted footage that's not even on the Blu Ray for X-Men: The Last Stand. In fact, I know there is, as the behind the scenes documentary show them filming the scene of Storm explaining her African origins. There is so much deleted footage from that film, I would love to see it all. I really truly feel that there's an entirely different movie out there somewhere in deleted footage and alternate takes. I'd love a chance to get my hands on all the deleted footage from that movie.

If I ever had an opportunity to replace the official versions of X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine with my preferred versions of the films based on the deleted / alternate footage that I know exists, I really feel like those 2 movies would absolutely blow X-Men and X2 out of the freaking water.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote